Iron Hammer Hasloch

The roots of Kurtz Ersa go back to a water-driven iron hammer dating back to 1779.

The Iron Hammer is located in Hasloch on the Main river in the Spessart - and is still almost working as it used to do 235 years ago. The Kurtz Ersa Corporation runs the last active Iron Hammer in the Spessart as an industrial monument – together with the Manor House and the museum it forms the “Kurtz Ersa historic center”.

 

Fully functioning

In the hammer building there are two water-driven hammers and a box blower which is water-driven as well. These units are still producing various forged elements, most of all clappers for church bells which are manufactured to an incredible precision (+/-2 mm).

 

 

 

Visit the Museum

Contact:

Kurtz Ersa HAMMERMUSEUM

Phone +49 9342 805 459

E-Mail info@hammer-museum.de

 

Go to Museum Website