Real Advantages and Equipment
On the whole, gravity casting is the classical casting process. Practiced for thousands of years, it still has potential for improvement. Kurtz has developed a machine concept especially for jobbing foundries. Due to modular machine design this concept can be universally employed.
What is needed is flexibility with respect to the most varied castings. A conversion must be possible without great effort. And Kurtz machines easily meet these requirements. By adding core pulls and additional closing units, the basic machine is even suitable for the demands of highly complex castings.
Benefit from the advantages of the
Kurtz Gravity Casting Machines:
- Freely programmable control
- Recipe management to store machine and process data
- Solid machine design for harsh foundry conditions
- Modular machine design: closing units, ejectors and core pulls are interchangeable
- Continuous adjustment of all units available as option
- Precise guiding of mould segments & high closing forces
- Hydraulics with pressure and flow rate controlled pumps
- Optimum accessibility
- Hydraulic manual lever control or freely programmable microprocessor control with display and operator guidance
There is a special advantage of all Kurtz Gravity Casting Machines:
add-on parts can be exchanged between both machine types.